BSc, BEd, Grad Dip OHM, M App Sci, ChOHSP
Pam was appointed as the inaugural registrar in February 2011. Pam has a background in education, has been a practicing OHS professional for over 20 years and is a Chartered OHS Professional and a Chartered Fellow of the Safety Institute of Australia. Her thesis for the Master of Applied Science examined the factors influencing the strategic influence of OHS professionals with senior managers.
Pam was the SIA representative and chair of the Technical Panel managing the project to develop and implement the Body of Knowledge for generalist OHS professionals. She is a member of the research working group for the International Network of Safety and Health Practitioner Organizations (INSHPO). One of the major projects for this group has been the development of the Global Capability Framework for OHS Practice.
The role of the registrar includes:
- Acting as secretary to the Board
- Effective administration of the Board’s activities
- Management of the administrative processes related to program accreditation including conducting initial assessment of adequacy of applications
- Development and maintenance of policies, procedures and documentation relating to the program accreditation process
- Liaison with universities on OHS program accreditation
- Maintenance of on-line register of accredited programs
- Collation of statistics on student numbers, graduates, etc. provided in the annual returns
- Preparation of an annual report covering the Board activities and accredited courses.