Registrar Pam Pryor BSc., BEd., GDOHM, FSIA
Pam was appointed as the inaugural registrar in February 2011. Pam has been a practising OHS professional for over 20 years, is a Fellow of the Safety Institute of Australia, Secretary of the OHS Education Chapter and a Senior Research Fellow at the University of Ballarat.
Pam was the SIA representative and chair of the Technical Panel managing the project to develop and implement the Body of Knowledge for generalist OHS professionals. She is also undertaking a PhD investigating the factors that impact on the strategic influence of OHS professionals with senior managers.
The role of the registrar includes:
- Acting as secretary to the Board
- Effective administration of the Board’s activities
- Management of the administrative processes related to program accreditation including conducting initial assessment of adequacy of applications
- Development and maintenance of policies, procedures and documentation relating to the program accreditation process
- Liaison with universities on OHS program accreditation
- Maintenance of on-line register of accredited programs
- Collation of statistics on student numbers, graduates, etc. provided in the annual returns
- Preparation of an annual report covering the Board activities and accredited courses.